The EMQN is supported financially by subscription fees. An annual fee is charged to register as a member of the network. The membership period runs from 01 January to 31 December each year. The membership fee is payable every year. As a member of EMQN, you can participate in our EQA schemes and best practice meetings. Registered members of EMQN will receive a username and password which will allow them to access the member-only services (such as EQA, best practice etc.)
The registration fee to join the network is 45 GBP. There is a discount for any additional staff member registrations from the same laboratory 40 GBP.
Terms & conditions of membership are:
- There is an EMQN membership fee payable annually- this must be paid every year to ensure lab membership remains valid.
- To participate in our EQA schemes and best practice meetings, you (or your laboratory) must be a registered member of EMQN.
- You must keep your password secure and confidential.
- Your registration will only be processed when you have completed the registration and payment forms correctly.
- Payments cannot be processed without correct billing information. Failure to provide this information accurately may result in delays to your participation. EMQN cannot accept responsibility for you not receiving our services if we do not get the correct information.
- Payments should be made within 30 days of receipt of an invoice from EMQN (invoices will be sent by our host institution, Central Manchester and Manchester Children's NHS Trust). After this date we the host institution will send a reminder to you to pay but EMQN reserves the right to withdraw services after an appropriate time limit.
- Payments by invoice or credit card are the only-options. Personal cheques are NOT accepted.
- In order to use the EMQN services in the members-only area you must have email which allows receipt of attachments and have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your PC (if you do not yet have it, go to http://www.adobe.com/ to download a free copy).
- Registered members of EMQN who have not paid their membership fees will have their accounts suspended until the outstanding fees have been paid. Account suspension will result in accessing being blocked to their EMQN website member’s area.
The following additional terms and conditions apply to the evolving economies discount scheme available to labs who meet the criteria available from the EMQN office:
- The laboratory wishes to apply for a discount in the cost of fees for EQA scheme participation.
- The laboratory agrees to pay the minimum annual EMQN registration fee each year.
- The laboratory agrees to participate for 5 consecutive years in each EQA scheme that they register for.
- The laboratory agrees to pay the full EQA scheme fees for the fifth year of participation.
- If the laboratory fails to participate in any of the five years without first notifying EMQN, then the full cost of participation for those years is payable.
- The laboratory must notify EMQN immediately of any changes to their contact information.