EMQN and GenQA are delighted to announce that Run 3 of the BRCA variant classification competence assessment is NOW OPEN for registration.
Register to participate
To register, please click the image below:
There is no fee to participate, as Astra Zeneca has provided a grant to fund all participation costs. Astra Zeneca will not be provided with your identified EQA results.
This EQA provides online competency assessment for the classification of BRCA1 and BRCA2 gene variants related to ovarian cancer and their predicted response to PARP inhibitor treatment.
All individuals who classify the pathogenicity of BRCAvariants are eligible to take part. This EQA is separate from the Breast Ovarian Cancer EQA and does not replace it.
All participants will receive full instructions and key dates via email.
- Secure website access to G-TACT will be provided.
- Participants submit their classification and evidence for ten BRCA1/BRCA2 variants.
- Please use ACMG Variant Classification guidelines (Richards et al., 2015)
Benefits of Participation
On completion of the EQA, all participants will receive the following:
- Individual report which summarises their classification.
- EQA summary report to enable benchmarking against the expert predicted classifications.
- Invitation to access the variant classification videos with explanations and evidence used for the expert predicted classifications.
- Certificate of participation.
- A subsequent teleconference/WebEx will be held to answer any questions and provide educational support.
- This EQA is provided in ENGLISH only
- Your participation in this EQA, and your individual data, remain confidential between yourself and EMQN/GenQA.
- Further information can be found on our websites at www.genqa.org or www.emqn.org
- You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Key Dates / Deadlines
- Registration: 8th July 2019 – 11th August 2019
- Assessment active: 16th August 2019 – 23rd September 2019
- Results publication: October/November 2019
- Q&A teleconference: tbc